The European Patient Safety Foundation (EUPSF) has been launched in late 2013. The foundation was formed by the European Society of Anaesthesiology (ESA) but is now totally independent from the founding association. The aim of the foundation is to create a platform to support all aspects of patient safety and quality care of the patient. For that purpose stakeholders from across the entire health care spectrum and from all medical disciplines are invited to join the Council of Affiliates: medical associations, industry, healthcare institutions, patient safety interest groups, legislatures or individuals. In order to further these purposes, the Foundation will:
- initiate and support development of research on safety and quality of care of patients
- raise public awareness of the importance of safety and quality of care of patients
- organize meetings, seminars, courses, congresses and exchange programs
- develop and organize specific training programs
- organize events to stimulate discussion and exchanges of information
- support education and information on safety and quality of care of patients by, among others, publications and other educational material.
More detail on http://eupsf.jkms2.de/index.php