The Young Oncologists Committee (YOC) provides opportunities to strengthen young oncologists’ skills, knowledge and expertise, while providing a platform for networking with other medical oncologists and oncology professionals.
This is done primarily by creating and implementing educational and scientific programmes relevant to YOs in their daily practice and/or research activities. YOC activities are open to all young medical oncologist members of ESMO.
The main activities and responsibilities are:
- Integrating the activities of the YOC into those of ESMO with the objective of developing Europe’s oncology leaders of the future
- Developing the ESMO Young Oncologist (YO) Track during the ESMO Congress (Masterclass, Breakfast Sessions, Forum, Vesalius Cocktail and networking activities) as well as serving on the Faculty of the YO Track of the European Multidisciplinary Cancer Congress (every other year)
- Informing the ESMO Executive Board about career development issues young oncologists are faced with
- Enhancing young oncologists expertise for future practice and career development
- Promoting opportunities for research activities
- Creating a global YO network where common issues can be shared and debated
More detail on the Young Oncologists website